Cass High Students Attend Be Pro Be Proud Georgia Workshop
CARTERSVILLE, GA: It has been a potentially life-changing week for Cass High School construction and healthcare students.
With Cass High teacher Deanna Boughton leading the charge, students were able to experience the following activities thanks to Be Pro Be Proud Georgia:
- Test hand/eye coordination using a tool developed by NASCAR
- Utilize virtual reality goggles provided by Georgia Power to experience what a lineman does
- Utilize a welding simulator
- Construct a plumbing wall
- Explore human anatomy and agriculture through 3D devices
- Drive and deliver a commercial load using a driving simulator
- Operate a robot
Be Pro Be Proud, sponsored by the Cherokee Office of Economic Development, is a hands-on workshop available to Georgia middle and high schools to introduce them to skilled professions.
The workshop highlights careers that are in high demand and pay approximately $16,000 more per year than the average paying job in Georgia.